5/10/12

Kinect photography


Yuri Endo 2012

The photography series by Audrey Penven (which reaveled the hidden beauty of Kinect)  recently came to attention and I decided to try it myself. 

With Kinect turned on, I tried to capture my usual model, Munny , in the dark with a infrared filter on my DSLR. 

According to various sources, IR ( Infrared) light projects from Kinect would appear as numerous bright spots through IR deceives. 

Although It was rather hard to tell what I have captured until the photo post processing stage, I managed to capture the "invisible light."

Images: 
img. 1  The Model, Munny 
img. 2  Munny + Kinect 
img. 3  Munny through Kinect 
img. 4  DIY IR filter created with processed 35mm photo film and duct tape 
img. 5  Munny through IR filter   
img. 6  Munny through IR filter  with Kinect on  #001
img. 7  Munny through IR filter  with Kinect on  #002
img. 8  Munny through IR filter  with Kinect on  #003
img. 9  Munny through IR filter  with Kinect on  #004
img. 10 Photoshopped #004   

No comments:

Post a Comment