3/9/12

Personal History in Lighting: Part Five

This projection mapping piece which I consider as my first light installation,  was completed during a digital media design course. 2 animation sequences, created with photoshop, illustrator and after effects, are mapped to two 3D models, created with Autodesk Maya, and projected onto the actual objects that I made the 3D models from. 


Yuri Endo 2011


Although the chosen objects had relatively simple shapes and supposed to be easy to map, I failed to tweak the 3D models in precise measurement and that caused some light-leaks as well as image distortion. In addition, the colors appeared to be somehow faded out over the process of importing the original animation to Autodesk Maya which unfortunately I also couldn't manage to restore even with manipulating the color contrast options in the projector.   

No comments:

Post a Comment